Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Andaman, heaven on this blue-ish little planet! It's been a long time coming.

So, it was way back in March this year that I shared my first & last post on this blog.
And it's not because I haven't traveled much since, but it's because I got stuck with my other kind-of commitments.

Now, with my focus back on track, lets go on a journey together. To the places you've been to already, and to the places you've simply imagined in your most beautiful dreams!

And there isn't a better place on the face of this blue-ish planet to start with than The Andamans!




Oh how I love thee!

If you know me in real life (consider yourself blessed :p ) then you know my love for this particular chain of islands in the Bay of Bengal. I simply cannot stop talking about it, and I literally force people to watch my photographs from that place!

It may be more than 2,000 kms away from my home, but when I'm there, I feel oddly at home. At peace with myself. Maybe the reason for that is the distance it has from my own city. Where I'm constantly reminded of all the troubles of life. Or maybe, I simply have some mystical connection with this place, as quite a few people have pointed out (more points on it later on).

Maybe I was a fish in my past life. Trust me, I'm a Piscean, so that's not entirely implausible!

Now, let's start this journey with day one.

Day 1 (d'uh): Boarding a flight to Calcutta from New Delhi.


So, my day started with getting up rather early, at 5 AM, a whole 1 hour 30 minutes late. As always.
So I pretty much had to rush through the morning drill and had a 30 minute window to leave for the airport.

Locked the main door, and running down the stairs, when I noticed I forgot the CAMERA!!!

Yep, forgetting the camera on a trip to one of the most scenic places on the face of this little, blue-ish planet thingy. That's quite a start!

Ran back, got the camera and finally left for the airport.

Made it to the flight just in time and boarded it, and now, I was just sitting on the window seat, contemplating "Why can't I ever get up on time, specially when I have to wake up early?", and some other morning stuff.

Looking outside the window, there was this scenic view of the collective cemented monstrosities created in the name of the ever-crumbling civilized societies of the modern world.

So I think blah-blah -blah -blah -blah -blah -blah -blah ..............................blah .

Now, let's skip the part in Calcutta, only had a 1 1/2 hour stop there, and then boarded the flight to Port Blair aka, The Andamans, to, you guessed it, The Andamans!

Now, this was the first time that I was traveling there, so obviously, I had a lot of misconstrued prejudices in my mind about that place.

1. I thought, they would all be like 'forest people'.
2. No food. At least anything edible.
4. I'll probably forget about the 3rd point while writing the article.
5. Who am I kidding? I'm terrible at maths.
6. Mosquitoes, lots and lots of them. And those doe-eyed spiders!




An hour & a half later, the flight landed in Port Blair's Airport, which by the way, has one of the most picturesque runways!

And the moment I got out of the airport, all those supposedly prejudice points I had in my mind were gone. Poof!



Though, some of those points did come back to haunt me. Literally! And no, not point no. 3!

The rest of the day, to be continued!
Hey, I gotta get some rest, you know, tired from all flying n all!

To be continued...

5 comments:

  1. Nice travel diary. And indeed, Andamans is a beautiful place. Loved it. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for part-2 already.. You'l be my very own travel blogger now.
    Good work.. (y)

    ReplyDelete

Disqus

comments powered by Disqus